Flickriver

23niner - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Whitby Abbey Ruins


Whitby Abbey Ruins
Originally uploaded by 23niner.

To leave the Bruce theme behind, at least for one post, if you ever visit Northern England, I cannot recommend highly enough the beautiful ancient seaport of Whitby, on the North-East coast in North Yorkshire. It's in between my hometown of Redcar and where I now live, York. See VisitWhitby for full details. Both Kelly and I love Whitby Abbey. There is also the Magpie Cafe that serves the world's best fish and chips (we must go about 6 times a year!) and the Dracula connection (the original Dracula book was written in and partly inspired by Whitby.) Check out this great photosite on Dracula's Whitby.

No comments:

Photos from 23niner