Flickriver

23niner - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Bruce arrives at the Spectrum


Bruce arrives at the Spectrum
Originally uploaded by 23niner.

Being such an irregular blogger (too many interests on the Internet, too little time!) I didn't get around to posting a review of the D&D Philly shows I went to in November. I also did some pre-show stalking as you can see from the photo! It was good to take my first photos of Bruce but so disappointing, especially on night 2, that Bruce didn't walk back and sign some stuff. The shows were great though - as always with the American shows I've attended, you get great set-lists (Fade Away, Drive All Night (requested by my friend, Dot), Santa Anna, Thundercrack, for examples) but a noisy crowd compared with Europe. I think Dusseldorf stays the best show I saw last year (mainly due to performance, atmosphere, quiet), but the Philly shows were close behind. Apart from the set-lists I really enjoyed the intensity of the really long Dream Baby Dream and The New Timer, both on the second night.

I'm not too excited about the new album (The Seeger Sessions) and tour coming up. I was not keen on the clips of tracks that went up on the Sony website and I will clearly miss Bruce the songwriter. I will have to see how many shows I can attend with baby on the way.... Ramrod and Open All Night should be fun with this band though!

No comments:

Photos from 23niner