Flickriver

23niner - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Napster to go?


I've been trying out the paid-forNapster service here in the UK the last few weeks. Initially I found it quite incredible to be able to download so much music in great quality and listen to it when I want (I had never been much of a downloader before this site went ligit, so it was quite a novelty for me.)

I then tried out the Napster to go package as I already owned a Creative Zen Touch MP3 player. However I'm not impressed - very slow transers, transfer errors, having to reformat the Zen Touch, the Zen Touch freezing. One morning I tried Napster to transfer a podcast I had just downloaded and this did not work even though this had worked well the previous week before trying Napster to go! Also the 128Kbps quality of the tracks sounds good through my good quality PC speakers but not too good through the good quality Sony earphones I use with my Zen Touch.

In short, Napster to go looks like having to go! Napster may have to go! I can do without the monthly fee when I already get some good Internet radio tools as part of my BTYahoo! account.
Have a listen to my Yahoo Launchcast radio station which is quite a good representation of my tastes, though you may hear the odd clanger!
http://uk.music.yahoo.com/lc/?rt=0&rp1=0&rp2=1309546554

No comments:

Photos from 23niner